About the Conference
The Alaska Tribal Child Welfare Workers Conference, took place September 26-38, 2023 in Anchorage, Alaska. This conference was open to Tribal ICWA workers and Tribal representatives across the state. The three-day conference focsed on implementation of the ICWA in Child Need of Aid cases and enhance attendee’s knowledge of and response to allegations of child abuse and neglect.
- For the Love of Our Children – Jessica Saniguq Ullrich
- Continuity and Survivance Overview of Alaska Native History and Culture -Maria Williams
- Providing Supports When Resources May Be Limited – Sheri Patraw, Jason Bavilla
- ICWA Case Stages -Josh Ahsoak
- Parent Advisory Committee – Lindsay Bothe Culverhouse
- Active Efforts -Ali Wykis and Lenora Walker
- Desk Reference for AK Tribal Workers in ICWA Cases -Holly Handler and Casey Groat
- Limit’s of Motivational Interviewing -Lenora Walker
- OCS and Tribal Partnerships -Tasha Yatchmeneff and Robin Charlie
- Strengthening Families Alaska -Val Dudley and Olivia Shears
- Tribal Intervention Transfer and Permanency Options -Maggie Massey
- Why We Hurt – Amber Webb
- Partnering for Resource Family Recruitment and Retention -Aileen McInnis, Kirstie Ione, Christine Edwards, and Yurii Miller
- Alaska Tribal Child Welfare Compact -Mary Johnson, Maria Guerra
- Cultural Support Service Providers -Diane Selanoff and Tasha Yatchmeneff
- Closing Keynote – Christina Love
See the session and workshop schedule here.
View the full keynote and workshop session descriptions here.