ANJC assists Elders and their families with accessing the legal means to protect Elders from fraud, financial abuse, neglect, and to ensure that Elders have the care available to them through guardianships of adults and guardianships of grandchildren when grandparent is raising them.
We provide trauma-informed, culturally competent holistic services to Elders and their families. We also assist with end of life planning for Alaska Native people such as Advanced Care Directives and Powers of Attorney.
We provide help navigating community resources through information, assistance, and referrals; intensive case management; and legal assistance and consultations.
- Court Accompaniment
- Education and assistance navigating the criminal justice system
- Assistance applying to the Violent Crime Compensation Board (VCCB)
- Ensure your rights are being respected in the legal process
- Emergency Financial Assistance may be available
- Assistance with filing consumer complaints
- Referrals and assistance accessing:
- Health care
- Grief Recovery
- Help Elders complete applications for services and provides follow up information to access resources and services
- Assistance with stock wills, powers of attorney, advanced health care directives, Guardianship of Elder family members and guardianships of minor grandchildren